Workplace Health and Safety
CPR and First Aid
SAIT’s Basic Life Support training is accredited and our instructors are certified ensuring that our training programs are up-to-date as per established provincial and national resuscitation standards.
Our First Aid courses (Standard First Aid and Standard First Aid recertification) are approved by Alberta Employment and Immigration. Our CPR courses are made possible through our partnership with the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Alberta, Northwest Territories and Nunavut, and are taught in accordance with Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada guidelines.
As a provider of Heart and Stroke Foundation programs, SAIT is the designated Southern Alberta Training Centre for Basic and Advanced Life Support delivery for the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Alberta, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut. We have been delivering this training since 2000 and on average, train 7,000 individuals per year on and off-campus.
We offer training in Basic Life Support:
- CPR Instructor—Basic Life Support
- Emergency First Aid and HeartSaver AED (Level C) CPR
- Health Care Provider (Level C) CPR
- Health Care Provider (Level C) CPR Renewal
- HeartSaver AED (Level C) CPR
- Standard First Aid and Health Care Provider (Level C) CPR
For More Information